The whole of the center of Warsaw is a paying parking zone. This rule applies from Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm. On Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays parking is free.
Detailed information about paying parking zones: zdm.waw.pl
• first hour: 3 PLN
• second hour: 3,60 PLN
• third hour: 4,20 PLN
• fourth and each subsequent hour: 3 PLN per hour
Drivers can also use paying public parking lots. Parking lots in the Warsaw city center are found:
• Next to large hotels, such as Sofitel Victoria, Mercure Centrum, Marriott, Sheraton
• Next to the Supreme Court (Sąd Najwyzszy) building, and at Plac Krasiński (close to the Old Town)
• Plac Defilad at The Palace of Culture and Science (Palac Kultury i Nauki); entrance is gained from ulica Marszalkowska.
Please beware that the three mentioned places are not free on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
If you park your car or vehicle in a paid parking area without a valid and visible then you will receive a fine from the local authority. A fine can reach from 100zl up to 300zl depending on where you parked. For example parking on a bridge can get you a fine of 200zl, blocking a pedestrian crossing is 300zl and parking on a grass area not created for parking can see you receiving a 100zl fine.
I was given a parking fine, but I believe it was wrongly issued
Who can apply for a request to remove a fine
– Everyone who was issued a fine and is satisfied that it was issued wrongly.
– A parent or legal guardian – if the person who got the fine is less than 17 years old.
– Legal representative of the person who got the fine.
– A representative of the local authority (for example, police, border guards), which issued the fine unfairly
– A representative of the court, which found out that a representative of the ministry issued a fine wrongly.
When submitting a dispute application
When applying to submit a dispute it is very important that you include this information:
– Your name
– Social security number
– Place of residence.
– Series number of ticket (see the photo below, red highlighted box)
– Description of the whole events and circumstances that explain why your ticket should be dismissed.
Deadline to apply and costs
Some positive news is that it is free to dispute and appeal any parking fines, but you must appeal within seven days of receiving the fine. Leaving it longer than this can prevent you from appealing and you might be forced to pay even if you were legally right, so always be aware of that seven day limit.